Frequently Asked Questions
- What changes are taking place with Florida Blue that impact my patient relationship with with Women’s Health & Wellness—Women’s Care Florida?
Our mission of providing effective, affordable, and high quality women’s health care medical services to the community we serve is one we take very seriously.
Unfortunately, Women’s Care Florida is not currently participating in the Florida Blue BlueSelect and myBlue networks. As a result, we will be considered out-of-network, effective December 1, 2018, at 12:01 a.m.
- What do you recommend I do?
- Voice your displeasure by calling Florida Blue Member Services at the number located on the back of your insurance card.
- Contact your employer’s Human Resources Department to discuss this situation.
- Call your physician’s office if you need any help. Please discuss this with us at your next appointment.
- In the meantime, we recommend that you verify the out-of-network benefits available under your Florida Blue Plan. This termination may result in higher out-of-pocket expenses to you, depending on the type of plan you are enrolled in. You can verify these benefits by calling Florida Blue Member Services at the number located on the back of your insurance card.
- What happens if I am pregnant?
- If you think you may be pregnant and have not advised us yet, please call our office.
If you were seen by a Women’s Health & Wellness obstetrician before December 1, 2018, standard health-plan process will allow us to continue your obstetrical care as an in-network provider regardless of your trimester.
- What happens if I am in an active course of treatment? If you are currently going through an active course of treatment that will require a procedure or surgery after November 30, 2018, Women’s Health & Wellness—Women’s Care Florida will submit a request on your behalf to Florida Blue for continuity of care. Approval from Florida Blue allows for these services to be covered as in-network. If you need assistance, please contact us.
- Will I be able to continue my care with Women’s Health & Wellness—Women’s Care Florida? If your Florida Blue health plan offers out-of-network benefits, we may be able to continue to provide care to you, but this may result in higher out-of-pocket expenses.
- How much will it cost me to be out-of-network?
Out-of-network costs vary by health plan and employer benefits. We recommend you call Florida Blue Member Services at the number listed in the back of your ID card to ask about the out-of-network benefits available to you.
- Do I have to reschedule my next appointment?
Depending on specific out-of-network benefits and your financial responsibility as a patient, you may decide to reschedule future appointments.
- Is Women’s Care Florida going to have a contract with Florida Blue in the future?
Please know that Women’s Care Florida will always welcome future contract discussions with Florida Blue. Your input to Florida Blue and to your employer is greatly appreciated.
We enjoy the privilege of caring for you and thank you for entrusting us with your health care. We feel honored that you selected us to be your physicians and wish to continue our relationship, if at all possible.