We are excited to announce that on December 1, 2018, Women’s Health & Wellness will become part of Women’s Care Florida, a multispecialty group focused on providing comprehensive women’s health care.
About Women’s Care Florida
Women’s Care Florida was founded in 1998 by a small group of obstetrics and gynecology physicians in Tampa. The group has grown tremendously through the years by remaining true to its mission of improving the lives of women every day.
Women’s Care Florida enjoys a reputation of being committed to providing high-quality care. In addition to obstetrics and gynecology, they offer a wide range of women’s care options, such as gynecologic oncology, urogynecology, gynecologic pathology, breast surgery and genetic counseling. The group has more than 250 providers caring for patients at 58 locations throughout the Tampa Bay and Orlando areas—the addition of our practice will bring the number of locations to 60.
Changes Impacting You
There are, unfortunately, insurance changes that will directly affect you.
Women’s Care Florida is not currently participating with the AvMed network. As a result, we will be considered out-of-network, effective December 1, 2018, at 12:01 a.m.
We can, however, continue seeing you if—
- You are currently pregnant (regardless of your trimester).
- You are receiving services from us for a specific medical condition at the time our contract ends on December 1 and the Continuity of Care request submitted by Women’s Care Florida is approved by AvMed. Continuity of Care allows our existing AvMed patients—who are in an active course of treatment—to continue receiving treatment at in-network benefit levels. Note that an active course of treatment typically involves regular visits with us to assess your condition. Continuity of Care (meaning continuing your care) is limited to your specific medical condition and for a defined period of time when there are clinical reasons preventing transfer of your care to another provider.
- You are insured through the State of Florida (group #120100) via the PHCS network and your AvMed ID card has the PHCS logo located on the bottom right corner.
We sincerely regret any inconveniences this may create for you. There are, however, a couple of things that you can do to voice your displeasure about our out-of-network status.
- Call AvMed member services at the number located on the back of your insurance card.
- Contact your employer’s human resources department to discuss this situation.
In the meantime, we recommend that you contact AvMed to verify the out-of-network benefits available under your plan as this change may result in higher out-of-pocket expenses to you. You can verify your benefits by calling AvMed member services at the number located on the back of your insurance card.
Updates to insurance information will be posted on our website.
We thank you for entrusting us with your health care and appreciate the privilege of caring for you. We consider it an honor and wish to continue our relationship, if at all possible.